I’d like to bring everyone up to date on the current status of our organization. In the wake of Covid and the transition back to normal life, priorities and interests have shifted for many folks. This is true for THC as well. The leadership team has experienced some challenges recently which has lead to some unforeseen changes.
I’d like to thank Sarah, Sam, and Amanda for all of their time, energy, and dedication to keep THC alive and moving forward. Where it not for there work we wouldn’t be here. You are much appreciated.
With the change in leadership comes a change in focus of effort. I anticipate some social functions like trail rides, clinics, etc in the fall, but mostly THC is working to be a voice for the equestrian community. I am involved with Chesapeake BikeTrailAdvisoryCommitee and hope to become a full member of that organization to represent THC/equine community in general. I will post updates and relevant information to this site and our FB page as it comes up.
I look forward to working with and for you in this capacity.
Be safe, have a good ride. ~ Ric Sutton
Check back soon
7:00 - 8pm meeting
Some of our guests have been farriers, trainers, and veterinarians.
See our Event calendar for guest speakers
CLUB GOALS FOR 2023:
- Be an advocate for the horse community and industry.
- Promote good sportsmanship in all horse activities.
- Further horse and rider safety issues.
- Members participate in club rides and events for discounted price.
- Meet many new friends who enjoy the same activities.
- Continue your equine education through articles as well as seminars & demonstrations.
- Become aware of and stay current in legislative issues concerning the horse industry.
- Improve your horsemanship.
- Members have access to services such as our classified advertising.
- Events include trail riding and other great social activities.
- Put your organization skills to good use by volunteering for one of the Club's leadership positions.
- The Club offers fun and exciting activities the whole family can share.
More details about membership:
- THC membership is open to all horse owners, enthusiasts and industry representatives.
- Individual Membership, $20 per year.
- Family Membership, immediate family members, $25 per year
- The club year is from January through December.